A leaking roof can cause panic and fear in a homeowner if they do not know how to handle the situation at hand. The professionals at Knox’s Construction strive to educate our clients on helpful tips in case of an emergency. Below we list important things to do so you are prepared and can handle the issue until our team of roofing contractors in Pittsburgh, PA, can arrive.
- The first thing you should do when you notice you have a leak in your roof is to call our company to schedule an emergency roof repair.
- After you have scheduled your needed appointment, it is important to try to minimize as much interior damage as possible by moving furniture and other valuable items to a dry and leak free room.
- The wettest spot in your roof often creates a bulge in the ceiling. We recommend creating a small hole to release the trapped water to prevent more damage. Place a bucket below the new hole to capture the water.
- When your roofer arrives, help the team by showing them the point of entry of the leak to help speed the process along. If you are unable to find the point of entry, our team can help.
- Until your help arrives, we recommend maintaining the leak with items such as a tarp, roofing tape, or roofing cement.
Contact our company today at (724) 941-8219 to schedule your next appointment.